Bob James’ Spanish News Headlines – Visual format – Dateline: 18/04/24

14239

Bob James’ Spanish News Headlines – Visual format – Dateline: 18/04/24

 

Authorities claim to have smashed the largest narco-boat drug-running network operating in the Strait of Gibraltar

During 24 raids on properties – including the operations centre on a luxury residential development – officers recovered firearms, around 1.4 million euros in cash, 19 high-end vehicles, communication systems and computer equipment

Two months after the deaths of two Guardia Civil officers in Barbate after their boat was rammed by one of the alleged drug trafficking mafias the Ministry of the Interior announced yesterday that it had dealt a severe blow to these organised crime groups after the “dismantling” of what it described as “the largest network of drug traffickers by sea using high-speed boats” that existed between the mainland and North Africa.

Up to 250 officers from the National Police, Guardia Civil the tax agency and the Portuguese judicial police took part in the huge operation. Carried out simultaneously in both countries.

Investigators say the gang had eight to ten high-speed vessels and crews opperational at the same time.

The investigation began in May last year when officers tried to pick up a shipment of 6,000 kilos of cocaine from South America.

 

The body of a Singaporean woman, who went missing while on holiday in Javea, has been found.

According to local media the body of 39 year old Audrey Fang was found 150km away from where she was last seen in a lorry park at Abanilla in the Murcia region.

She was allegedly stabbed over 30 times and her body was not identified at the time it was discovere.

The body was reportedly found the day after she went missing on April 9, but was not identified until Apr yesterday.

A suspect .. said to be a Singaporean man is currently in police custody.

The suspect was detained by the Guardia Civil in Alicante province and transferred to Murcia yesterday.

 

Rafael Nadal’s first tournament since January lasted only two matches after he lost 7-5, 6-1 to Alex de Minaur at the clay-court Barcelona Open yesterday.

Nadal, back from an injury layoff, looked like his old self for brief moments in the second-round match but couldn’t keep up with the 11th-ranked De Minaur.

Nadal is a 14-time winner at the French Open, which begins next month. He said he will try to play at the Madrid Open next week but didn’t fully commit.

37-year old Nadal had hip surgery last summer and said 2024 will probably be his last year playing on tour.

 

And the Wild Fire that started on Sunday near the Col De Rates Restaurant was declated Under Controll yesterday evening. There were still around 80 firefighters working in the area last night damping down untill It’s officially declared Extinguished.

Here at Valley FM we have been asked to request people avoid traveling on the CV 715 road through Tarbena as there is still a lot of work going on both Firefightes and locals and burnt out vehicles and equipment being recovered.

 

That’s the latest from TRE, I’m Bob James.

 

Spanish News in English – Audio